Wednesday, June 20, 2007

State of Emergency

Yesterday (although by now it is the day before yesterday...time goes by too fast ;-)) was an interesting day at work...shortly after I arrived there (i.e. around 10:15) I got an e-mail stating that the the first floor's men room was closed due to flooding...first impression: ok, who cares, I'm in the second floor anyway...but then it got better...20min later another e-mail arrived: all restrooms are closed! Ooook that's not so nice then...but then it got even better as another 20min later we were advised that they had to turn off all potable water to the building. In practice this means that there's no drinking water, no water to clean your hands and even worse: no water for the coffee machines!!! How are computer scientists supposed to work without coffee (or tea if you prefer that)?!? Well the result was that most people started their lunch break (going out for eating as usual) a bit earlier and came back a bit later...and some also had the nice idea to have a coffee break at the closest coffee shop...or simply to go home a bit earlier... ;-) ...personally I still stayed at Siemens long enough as I went straight from work to a bar at the shore (btw: nice! ;-)), but the general lack of productivity in Siemens was clearly visible... ;-)
By the time I got to work on the following day the problem was solved by the way...took only something like 24h... ;-)

Oh and btw: Some pictures of my weekend at the shore and Atlantic City will follow soon...and I also finally found some time to take some pics of my Impala...not that it is a really beautiful car, but well...would be strange to have 4 pics of my old car and none of my new one... ;-)

No comments: