Friday, March 28, 2008

Some traveling...

As some of you may know, this blog was about my travels in the States...now I'm back at home in Switzerland but lately I have been traveling again and as I uploaded some pics to my Web Albums, I may just as well write some lines about it... ;-)

To start with, I have been in Arjeplog in the north of Sweden in the end of February. I was there for a long weekend to do a driver training with BMW. I had won that by participating in a programming contest done by Avaloq. What can I say...it was definitely worth the effort... ;-) ...we spent most of the time driving with some powerful BMWs (Z4 M Coupé, M3, 335i) on an icy lake and learning how to drift. It's probably pretty expensive, if you don't win it as a prize but otherwise, I can only recommend it. Some more pictures can be found here and if someone wants to see some videos, just send me an e-mail...

The next trip was a shorter one to the Geneva Motor Show (Salon International de l'Auto). Well...it still takes about 3 hours to get there... ;-) ...as every year, there were some nice things to see. Just check out the pics and don't miss the Rinspeed sQuba...a car you can dive with...

Then there was a nice UNITECH (my exchange program) event in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day. The national holiday of Ireland is not that known in continental Europe, but it's definitely a big thing in the States, Canada (check out my pics from last year's parade in Montreal) and of course in Ireland. So there was one more reason to have a few Guiness, Irish coffees and Jamesons to celebrate St. Patrick in the nice pubs of Dublin...very nice... ;-)

So much for now...hope that wasn't the last bit of traveling for me this year...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice one, especially the training with BMW in sweden is something i'd like to do as well.

i'm not travelling at all so far, but at least there are two weeks of holiday to come up mid of july.
--> i'm going back to princeton, baby :D

EPA GanGstaZ said...

Hi Gery,

wow, nice trip! I am a little bit jealous ! ;-) And, are you going to buy a BMW now? Here, in Palo Alto it would not be necessary - simple to less snow!

Take care,
Georg

PS: Congrats for winning the competition!