Sunday, January 17, 2010

New pictures

I didn't manage to write about last year's California trips yet, but I have uploaded a couple of new pictures. Since I bought a new camera (Fujifilm FinePix F72EXR) shortly before Christmas, I like playing around with its 10x optical zoom and long feature list including amazing ways to get bright night-pictures. Last week I went to the Huntington Botanical Gardens right next to Pasadena and tried to capture the colorful natural wonders in display there.

Today, I went to the Griffith Observatory located on one of the hills next to Los Angeles (right next to the Hollywood sign actually). The observatory features interesting exhibitions on the history of the universe, but most of all it has one of the best possible views on the huge city of LA. Especially at night with all the lights on, one can get a good feeling for the size of the city.

No comments: