Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back in Switzerland

I'm back home! After some relaxing hours in New Jersey (after I came back from Puerto Rico), a struggle to find the British Airways check-in (my advise: don't try to find it yourself...just ask your way to it...it's the only reasonable way) and a short connecting stop in London, I arrived in Zurich this morning and I'm now back at home...for now...on Tuesday, I'll continue my August full of trips to go for a few days to Milan (end of year meeting for my exchange program)...and the "best" part is that BA managed to loose my bags somewhere on the way! They probably got lost in London as we were six people from that flight missing some bags...I'm still waiting to know more details about it and I'm really hoping/praying to get them before tomorrow evening, as I'd have some trouble in Milan without all my nice clothes...

But well...let's get back to the nice part: Puerto Rico is gorgeous! The first days I was just enjoying the sunny weather at some of the beautiful beaches in the Cabezas area of Fajardo (my hotel was there) and doing a Kajak-trip to the bioluminescent lagoon there (Dinoflagellates in the water react on movement and glow...quite cool...there's only a few places in the world where such a thing is visible all year long). Then, I was planning to go to one of the small islands but since I would have had to rent a whole boat to get there (expensive), I was advised to go hiking through the rain forest of El Yunque instead. I think that was a great choice...it's quite an impressive jungle there and if you go all the way to the peak, you also get an impressive view. And then the last day, I did some sightseeing in Old San Juan with all its old forts. What more can I see...check out the pictures and I hope you will understand, why I think that everyone in the States should go visit Puerto Rico... ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad you made it back from puerto rico in one piece, no reason to mention once again how jealous i am/was :)

i also had a great weekend, finally made it to washington and baltimore. these british airways lugguage problems seems to be more common than i expected (if you remember: mine got lost in london too, also the bags of christian's girlfriend, and now yours...) hopefully you get them in time, although i honestly doubt it :/

hopefully they find a way to keep track of mine on my way back home next sunday. we keep in touch, right? take care!